Sustainable Development Charter
Sustainable development means meeting the needs of the present without forgoing the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. At Busfleet, we believe our industry has an important role to play in assisting society to become more sustainable through the provision of sustainable passenger transport solutions.
Through a collaborative approach involving our employees, passengers, customers and regulators, Busfleet aims to improve the customer experience so that bus passenger transportation becomes the preferred mode of transportation for society. Our commitment to sustainability is underpinned by a number of key principles:
- ‘Contributing to the communities in which we operate’ recognises that we need to commit resources and time to effectively respond to the community demands for safe and efficient bus transportation services.
- ‘Minimising risk’ means we will take all reasonable steps to eliminate injury and illness to employees, contractors, passengers and the environment.
- ‘Reducing our impact on the environment’ through the adoption of low or zero emission technologies in vehicles and reducing the environmental footprint of our facilities.
- ‘Forming alliances’ with government policy makers, regulators and industry associations to support the development of sustainable transport policies for our country.
- ‘Beyond Compliance’ to Busfleet means we will continuously improve our performance through sound management principles to ensure that our operations meet or exceeds client, community and legal requirements.
- ‘Consultation and awareness’ recognises that employee and community consultation is vital to improving sustainability outcomes. We are also committed to ensuring our employees receive the necessary training to competently participate in initiates to meet our safety, environment and quality objectives.
- We provide vehicles to some of Australasia’s largest small tour operators, providing vehicle and driver/guide assistance.
- Our contractors are local operators, enabling us fast and efficient services as required.
- We provide comprehensive vehicle training to all operators who require it.
- Our cleaning chemicals are from a 100% Australian owned and operated company that uses environmentally friendly and bio-degradable raw materials.
- Strong financial backing